1. Will health insurance cover the SoClean?
At this time the SoClean 2 is not covered by health insurance as it is considered a luxury item. We offer a financing option with monthly payments. You can learn more about it here, or contact customer care.
2. Can an HSA or FSA account be used?
Yes, currently the SoClean 2, Cartridge Filter Kit, Neutralizing Pre-Wash, and Unscented Wipes are all eligible for FSA and HSA reimbursement. You can use your FSA or HSA debit card to purchase these items on soclean.com. In order to use your FSA/HSA card online, all items in your cart must be eligible for FSA/HSA reimbursement.
3. Will the SoClean work with my equipment?
The SoClean 2 connects to all popular sleep equipment and some do require an adapter. If you have any questions about your particular sleep equipment, please contact customer care.
4. Are there supplies that have to be changed with SoClean?
Yes, for every six months of regular daily use, the Filter and Check Valve need to be replaced. Your SoClean 2 is programmed to tell you precisely when these replacements are needed. These items are sold together in a kit here. You must reset your SoClean 2 Filter counter setting once you have installed your new Filter.
5. Does SoClean have a support policy for Resmed AirSense™ 10?
Yes, please see our policy here.
1. Can I keep the SoClean permanently attached to my equipment, or should I detach the SoClean each night?
You do not have to disconnect anything – that is the wonderful thing about the SoClean 2. Once you have it set up, you can leave it until it's time to hand wash or replace parts of your sleep equipment. Those with a humidifier may have to disconnect the reservoir in order to fill it or to wash with soap and water.
2. Can I position the SoClean on a shelf below my equipment, or does it need to be level?
You can, but we recommend that your SoClean 2 be level with your equipment so the air flows more easily. If you do put the SoClean 2 below your sleep equipment, you should periodically look at the Check Valve assembly to make sure there is no water in the clear tube, as this can harm your SoClean 2 unit. If you do see water, you should replace the Check Valve assembly by contacting customer care.
3. Can I insert the small tube under water during cleaning? Or is the reservoir supposed to be dry during cleaning?
You can run the SoClean 2 with or without water in sleep equipment. If there is water, the black tube needs to be submerged under the water surface. Please follow your manufacturer's recommendation on how frequently to change your water.
4. Does the small hose that goes into my water chamber affect my equipment air pressure or act like a leak?
Any leaking water or change in pressure could be the result of an incorrect set up. Please contact customer care for further assistance.
5. How long will the SoClean machine last?
In our testing, we simulated running the SoClean 2 for over 5 years and experienced no problems. Please note that the SoClean 2 comes with a 2 year warranty, which covers most issues free of charge. SoClean also offers a 30-day trial so you can try it risk-free.
6. Do I need to replace any SoClean parts?
Yes, for every six months of regular daily use, the Filter and Check Valve need to be replaced. Your SoClean 2 is programmed to tell you precisely when these replacements are needed. These items are sold together in a kit, available here. You must reset your SoClean 2 Filter counter setting once you have installed your new Filter.
7. Can I use the SoClean 2 with more than one set of equipment?
It is possible to use one SoClean 2 with two machines, however, we recommend that our customers each have a separate SoClean 2 to avoid possible health hazards from sharing as well as the hassle of having to take it apart when switching.
8. Can I use the SoClean for anything other than my equipment?
No, the SoClean 2 is only intended to maintain sleep equipment.
9. When using SoClean, how often should I replace my equipment?
Please follow the manufacturer's instructions supplied with your equipment regarding the recommended frequency for which to replace parts or call your medical equipment provider.
SoClean — How to Use
1. When and why do you need the neutralizing pre-wash?
The neutralizing pre-wash can be used prior to the first use of your SoClean 2 or when introducing new sleep equipment to your system. You can also use the Pre-Wash to clean the parts of your sleep equipment regularly as recommended by the manufacturer. The Pre-Wash is a fragrance-free cleaning solution that neutralizes any pre-existing odors from detergents and removes any residue from the manufacturing process. You can find step-by-step instructions here (scroll down for English version).
2. How do I use the pre-wash?
You can find step-by-step instructions here (scroll down for English version).
3. Will the SoClean 2 work with my heated humidifier?
Yes it can. This is standard on most sleep equipment.
4. Can I still use the SoClean if I do not use a humidifier?
Yes you can. If you have further questions about your particular sleep equipment, please contact customer care.
5. Should I use distilled water to clean my equipment, as my equipment manufacturer suggests? Or can I use tap water?
Please follow your manufacturer's recommended instructions for the water used in the sleep equipment.
6. Will the SoClean work with my heated hose?
Yes you can. If it is externally powered you do not need a special adapter. However, if it's powered by your sleep equipment, you will need a specific adapter that can be ordered by contacting customer care.
7. How long does the SoClean need to run?
The SoClean 2 runs a 7-minute cycle plus a 2 hour rest period. This ensures proper maintenance of the equipment and the rest period allows the Activated Oxygen (ozone) to convert back into regular oxygen.
8. What size mask fits in the SoClean?
The SoClean 2 works with all popular masks, however, some full-face masks may be too large. The dimensions for the inside of the SoClean 2 Chamber are 5.6" x 5.4" x 5". The AC Power Cord and Injection Hose are long enough to provide flexibility in where you place your SoClean 2. The SoClean 2 will need to be fairly close to your equipment and ideally at the same level but does not have to be immediately next to it. If you have any questions regarding your particular sleep equipment, please contact customer care.
9. Can I stop washing my equipment if I am using the SoClean?
The SoClean 2 will not remove facial oil, dust, makeup or other organic materials. Please follow your manufacturer's recommended instructions for periodic washing to remove any residue that naturally occurs.
10. Does the SoClean get rid of facial oils on my mask?
No, the SoClean 2 will not remove facial oil or other organic materials from your mask. You may need to wipe it off with unscented wipes from time to time or use the Neutralizing Pre-Wash provided regularly.
11. If I wash my equipment mask before putting it into the SoClean, does it have to be completely dry?
Yes, we recommend running the SoClean 2 when your equipment is completely dry.
12. Is it better to refill the reservoir before or after the SoClean runs? Does it make a difference?
You can refill the reservoir before or after using the SoClean 2.
13. Will I still need to replace the water in my equipment reservoir while using the SoClean? Or should I just add water as needed?
The water chamber does not need to be emptied before using the SoClean 2 but the water in your sleep equipment should still be changed as recommended by the manufacturer.
14. There is an oily residue on my mask.
The SoClean 2 will not remove facial oil or other organic materials from your mask. You may need to wipe it off with unscented wipes from time to time or use the Neutralizing Pre-Wash provided regularly.
1. The SoClean machine is displaying "hose not present" notification.
There are a few causes for this message being displayed. The first is that the Removable Hose Slot Plug (small grey piece) is missing. The SoClean 2 will not run unless the Lid is closed and both Hose Detect Switches are depressed - one by a Side Slot Plug and the other by your hose. The second could be that one of the Hose Detect Switches is either defective or stuck in the "up" position. Please contact customer care for assistance with diagnosing the problem.
2. The SoClean is displaying flashing lights and "time to order" message.
This message indicates that it is time to change your SoClean 2 Filter and Check Valve. It will come on after about six months of regular daily use. Please refer to the instructions that came with your new Filter and Check Valve Kit for the installation procedure. Ensure you have removed all plastic wrapping, including the blue tape from your Filter. Once installed, you can reset the display screen by holding down the hourglass button and manual button together until you see a smiley face icon appear on the display screen. When you see the smiley face icon, the message has been cleared and reset.
3. There is a strong odor after using my SoClean.
Some users can smell Activated Oxygen (ozone) at extremely low levels and for them it is not uncommon to smell Activated Oxygen for a short period of time during and after running their SoClean 2. If it's a very strong odor or you have noticed it getting stronger over time, please contact customer care for further assistance.