SoClean has been selected as one of eight finalist for the HME Retail Product Awards. Director of Marketing, Jessica Cormier says, “the world’s first automated CPAP sanitizer, and is the faster, easier, more effective way to clean CPAP machine equipment. SoClean kills 99.9% of CPAP germs and bacteria in your mask, hose, and reservoir with no disassembly, no water, and no harsh chemicals in order to enhance your home CPAP experience.” read more
With constant cost pressure on reimbursable items, Cormier believes the need to find and assimilate retail items has moved from the ‘maybe someday’ category, to the ‘do or die’ category. “Today an HME must diversify its offerings, and carry products that not only offer a value add to a patient’s therapy needs, but in turn increase the likelihood of them staying compliant,” she says. “For retailers who sell/prescribe CPAP equipment and accessories, the SoClean is the perfect add-on cash sale.
The top eight products will be presented in a retail awards conference session hosted by Jim Greatorex, who works in Business Development for the VGM Group. The session takes place Tuesday, Nov 1, at 9:00 am. After manufacturers present their products, voting will take place to determine the top three.
- A panel of judges, along with audience members, takes all of the entries and scores them based on:
- Market opportunity/market size and product demand
- Price point
- Quality/design of retail packaging
- Merchandising tools
- Marketing campaign, helping the retailer reach the end users
- Competitive advantages over similar product/product quality
- Industry compatible: is it a match for HME retail
- Training tools programs for in store sales staff.